For delivering the computer users a wide array of applications and services with out of the box features, Microsoft Office has become a preferred choice of the customers. The productivity software is available in a number of versions designed to meet the requirements of home users, businesses, students, and more. To download any of these versions, you need to visit www.office.com/setup. Within the 30-days of purchase, if you feel that you don’t want this subscription then simply cancel it by following these steps:
(Please note that the cancellation instructions given below are valid only for the Microsoft office subscription and trial subscriptions. This includes Office 365 and Xbox Live. Moreover, take note that the cancellation can be done only if you have purchased a recurring subscription.)
- Visit the official website of Microsoft Office
- Sign in to your Microsoft account
- Open Services & Subscriptions section
- Now, choose Payment & Billing
- Now, select Cancel for the subscription you no longer want.
- Verify by choosing Confirm Cancellation
- You will now receive a confirmation email on the email ID linked to your Microsoft account
- It’s done!
However, if you don’t find the option to cancel your subscription then try the below-given steps:
- You might have a past-due for some other Microsoft subscription. Pay the balance for that Office subscription.
- You might have used a Prepaid Card for the payment of your subscription. In such case, you cannot turn off recurring billing or cancel that Office setup
If the given subscription cancellation limit has been over, you can still cancel the subscription but will not be liable to get any refund. Do keep in mind that if you pay via your credit or debit card, the recurring billing or auto-renewal feature gets automatically turned on. If you don’t want to renew your Office subscription after it expires, then turn off this option. For further information on Office subscription cancellation or anything associated with office.com/setup, contact the customer support team. A technician will provide you with immediate guidance.