Microsoft office setup provides you with a variety of applications and versions, which are compatible with your devices. You have to access the website of Microsoft Office to purchase the Microsoft office setup.
While setting up your Microsoft office setup in your devices from www.office.com/setup you will get to know that Microsoft offers you the variety of Microsoft applications along with the best suitable version for your devices. You can purchase, download, install and activate the office setup from office.com/setup by accessing your “Office My Account”.
When you install the Microsoft office setup in your devices there are some errors, which interrupt the installation process. One of the most discussed and common error while installing office setup is “The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be accessed” error. This error occurs when you try to install a program for the Windows 7 version.
Symptoms of having the specific error:-
“The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” error occurs when you have not installed the Windows Installer correctly. You can contact your support personnel for assistance. This error also occurs due to the following:-
- You have removed a program that uses the Microsoft Installer Service before you try to install the office setup.
- The Windows Installer Service is not running in the computer properly.
- The Corrupted or incorrectly configured registry settings of The Windows Installer.
Solution to eradicate the specific error:-
The error to wherein “the windows installer service could not be accessed” for installing the office setup can be solved by the methods, mentioned below:-
- You can start the Windows “Installer Services”
- Uninstall any programs on the computer, if you have installed it earlier.
Steps to start the “Windows Installer Service”:-
- Click Start, type CMD in the dialog box for Search programs and files.
- Under the Programs, “right-click cmd.exe”, click “Run as Administrator”.
- Now, type “net start MSI Server” and then click “Enter”.
- Restart the installation process for the program that you wish to install for your device.
Note: You can check whether the “Windows Installer Service” is running or not. You can perform the following steps:-
- Click on “Start”, in the search box, type “services.msc”.
- Under the “Programs”, click “Services”.
- In the list, you have to click “Windows Installer”, click “Properties”.
- Check whether the value is set to Manual in the “Startup type” drop-down list.
- If the “Service status” entry is set to “Running”, the “Windows Installer Service” is running.
Steps to Uninstall any programs on the computer:-
- Click “Start”>”Control Panel”> “Uninstall a Program”.
- Now, select the program, which you want to install from the list.
- Click “Uninstall” and then follow the on-screen instruction or prompts to uninstall the application.
- Restart the computer to see whether the changes you have made are according to you.
- To install the program in your devices you have to now, “Restart” the installation process.
- Wait patiently while the installation process gets completed.