Salesforce is an integrated platform that unites all the departments in the company by giving everyone access to every customer data. This is a customer relationship management that strives to form the solution for bringing companies and customers more connected. It improves all aspects of a customer relationship, including marketing and sales.
The importance of this platform doesn’t just end in giving out information. A much more critical aspect has to do with bringing in this information into actual and tangible data. The company uses this data to study their respective moves and game plan.
One way to achieve this is to export the data from Salesforce and move it to Excel. How? Read through below to find out.
Why Is It Necessary To Import Data From Salesforce?
If you’re still a beginner, you also need to understand the importance of importing data from Salesforce. When you know its essence, it’s easier for you to understand why you should do so.
The three primary reasons why you should import data from Salesforce are the following:
- Data in the spreadsheet, such as histogram, can be used for easier reporting.
- You can have a better back-up of your data.
- You can integrate all your data with a third-party system.
By Using Your Salesforce Account
- Log in to your Salesforce account. On the upper right-hand corner, click the “Reports”
- Open the Report wizard by clicking “Create New Custom Report.”
- A drop-down box will pop up. Select “Account Type” and choose the contacts you wish to export.
- Select the “Tabular Report” option, then press “Next.” A report column form should open.
- Tick the boxes of the columns you wish to export, then press “Next.” A reorder column form should pop.
- Click the respective variables in the boxes that you wish to move. Repeat until you’ve selected all options desired, then click “Next.” A report criteria screen will open.
- Click the date and type the relevant date. This should be the date that should encompass all the contacts that you wish to export. For instance, the start of employment or business year.
- Click “Export Report.” After doing so, click “Export Details” so you can see the details of your report.
- Click “Export File Format” and select “Excel.”
- Press “Export” and “Save.” If you wish to open the excel file, press “Open.”
By Using Salesforce Classic
- Choose the report that you wish to export and press “Export.”
- Choose the encoding language you deem appropriate.
- Set the format to Excel or Comma Delimited.
- Click “Export.”
- Save the file.
Through this option, you can export an unlimited number of columns and rows. Just make sure that your computer or laptop can stay on standby for the ten-minute minimum that’s needed to export large files. Else, you’re going to have to start all over again.
Read more about the various applications of columns and rows for spreadsheets and other charts.
By Using Data Export Wizard
- In the Setup section, find the “Quick Find Box,” then choose “Data Export.” Then choose between “Export Now” and “Schedule Export.”
- The Export Now option immediately exports your files.
- The Schedule Now option enables you to schedule exports on a weekly or monthly basis. If you choose this option, you should also set the frequency and the specific dates of your exports.
- Choose the encoding desired for the files to export.
- If you wish to add images and other attachments, select the necessary options.
- Choose “Replace Carriage Returns.” This enables your file to have spaces instead of line breaks in the exported data.
- Under the “Exported Data” option, choose the type of data to incorporate.
- Click “Start Export” or “Save.”
When this is done, a zip file of the exported data will be ready. For larger files, this is divided between multiple files. Be sure to follow the link that’s sent on your email. Else, you lose this after 48 hours.
By Using The Salesforce Data Exporter Extension
There’s now a Google Chrome Extension available known as the Salesforce Data Exporter. This is the easiest way to export Salesforce data to excel. With one click, your data can automatically be exported. That way, your employees also become more efficient with Salesforce application. Through this extension, you can export any data from your Salesforce account.
The possible options of data that you can export includes:
- Objects from Salesforce
After installing this extension, a button on your Chrome is attached labeled as “Export to CSV.”
Through these various means, exporting data from Salesforce to Excel through Microsoft Office features can be done in two general ways. First, it can either be done through automatic means or manually through a set schedule. The latter is the most common option, mainly when exporting larger files.
These different means help provide tangible copies of Salesforce data for companies to use. In that manner, the data gathered don’t just stay as data per se. They’re converted to useful information about customers that companies can use across all departments.